04 Aug Job spec for Full Time Business & Project Support Role 2020
Job Spec for Full-Time Role: Dublin Ireland
Project Manager & Business Development Lead for Social Impact
Closing date: open until filled
Connect the Dots (stakeholder and community engagement firm) is looking for a new team member to take on a full-time role (4-5 days per week). The role requires someone who is a confident project manager and has experience delivering community engagement and community-based workshops and events both in-person and online. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and a high level of copywriting skills. We are seeking an enthusiastic learner and self-starter who is passionate about our business and its social impact applications.
Responsibilities will include: supporting on projects by way of management, delivery and reporting. There will also be an element of support in the day to day running of the business, gaining an insight into most aspects of sales, marketing and operations. We are looking for someone who has experience in managing projects themselves and leading a team. The role will require a high amount of adaptability as each day and week may look a little different.
Connect the Dots specialises in stakeholder engagement for impact. We support public and private sector organisations to co-design with their stakeholders and enable inclusive, insight-driven decisions that drive meaningful engagement and robust solutions.
While this job spec is focused on our Irish branch, we have also recently expanded the company in the United States and seeing great success, so we are looking for someone excited to grow with us. We are backed by Enterprise Ireland and a snapshot of our clients include:
Dublin City Council; Meath County Council; Houses of the Oireachtas; South Dublin County Council; National Disability Authority; Office of Public Works; University College Dublin; Comcast; Accenture; BASF; Center City District Philadelphia; Public Participation Network(s); Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland; and many more.
Candidate Potential Skills/Backgrounds
Academic + Creative
Sales and Marketing
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree appreciated
• To support the Director of the company in carrying out projects and internal business-related tasks to keep our sales pipeline moving.
• To be a key member of the team, contribute to the outputs and creation of our projects
• To grow and develop ongoing relationships with the current customer base.
• To take creative lead activities on the delivery of engagement sessions
• To develop and manage projects from the outset, feeding into the overall delivery of our projects from beginning to end (with support from our team).
• To carry out market research or project-related research when appropriate. To add to a knowledge bank for potential leads and gaining best practice knowledge to improve our services continually.
• To support client outreach where appropriate to develop and nurture relationships with clients and partners
• To support the ideation, develop and carry out our marketing strategy and communications opportunities for the company.
• To support the building out and management of sales targets and the management of a sales funnel
• To grow and nurture strategic partnerships in the public sector#
The ideal candidate:
The role is focused on supporting the Director of the company in carrying out a variety of project and sales-related tasks that will ultimately help in developing and scaling the business. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running.
The person we require for this role should have very good social skills and be a strong communicator and fast writer. More specifically tasks would include writing tender responses, developing a stakeholder engagement plan, carrying out a community focus group, reaching out and finding opportunities for new work. The person we require should have an interest/background in carrying out in-depth research.
They should also have a strong interest in the social impact to be made by CTD and an understanding of workshop and event delivery as well as the basics of business development. They should be interested in working in a fast-paced, fast-growing company with many competing demands. They should be excellent at time and project management, as well as setting targets and reaching goals in a timely and efficient manner. They should be a very fast learner and a self-starter willing to take initiative and take on responsibility – and be a team player. Lastly, they should have a very strong IT competency particularly with the ability to use a CRM system as well as other basic tools such as Google Drive and all forms of Google documents.
The terms are open to negotiation, but we would like to start on a contract basis with a 1-month trial to start. The salary may be negotiated. We will agree on flexible working hours and to start it will involve mostly working from home (due to COVID-19 restrictions). During normal times, we are situated at the wonderful Tara Building in Dublin 2 where you will have a desk and access to all coworking amenities and complimentary classes/activities. We aim to get back into the Tara Building at some stage in September if all goes well regarding COVID-19 recovery.
24th August 2020 (negotiable)
Please email resume, cover letter, and 3 references to:
Kiersten – firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.