04 Mar Now Hiring! Associate/Senior Associate
Connect the Dots (CtD) is looking for a driven and motivated Associate or Senior Associate to join our team full-time. Connect the Dots specializes in the design and delivery of inclusive public and key stakeholder engagement processes (in planning/ transportation/economic development/public realm). You will be joining a fast-growing, close-knit, passionate team with an array of partners. We are committed to co-creation, collaboration, and social, racial and economic justice, and are looking for candidates that already have experience in running community engagement / public participation processes – and are excited about supporting the growth of Connect the Dots.
This role will be based in the Philadelphia area.
- Contribute to the development of engagement strategies reaching diverse populations in a variety of urban, suburban, and rural communities.
- Support senior staff in the execution of engagement activities including stakeholder mapping, interviews, surveys, and events.
- Research to understand community composition and needs.
- Work with the team to develop and build upon best practice engagement strategies.
- Ability to confidently correspond with clients and team members verbally and in writing.
- Writing project narratives, proposals, and blog posts with senior staff.
Experience and Skills
Associate: 1-3 years relevant experience (expected salary range $40-50k dependent on experience)
Senior Associate: 3-5 years relevant experience and experience in preferred skill sets below (expected salary range $50-55k dependent on experience)
- Research Skills: Able to efficiently and effectively understand data and develop research tools such as surveys or focus groups.
- Writing and Communication Skills; Able to distill complex technical information in a way that is engaging and understandable.
- Collaborative: Able to adapt to suit the needs of varying teams and work styles.
- Organized and Independently Motivated: Able to balance multiple projects at once, prioritize, manage deadlines, and complete tasks in a remote environment.
- Creative Thinker and Problem-Solver
- Direct community engagement experience
- Graphic design skills: Ideally experienced at creating visuals to produce worksheets and other visuals in projects
- Background in urban-related field such as community development, planning, urban studies
- GIS skills and abilities
How to Apply
The role is a full time, non-exempt position. Salary will be discussed openly to ensure commensurate with experience.
Email the following to hello@connect the dots insights.com with the subject line “March2022Assoc [Your Name]”. Applications are due by April 15. Please indicate in your cover letter if you are interested in Senior Associate or Associate and include:
- Letter of interest
- 1-2 work samples such as a writing sample, report, or insight-gathering tool such as a (i.e. workshop, survey, etc)
Only complete application packages will be considered.
We welcome qualified candidates from all walks of life and value diversity in our company. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, military service, disability unrelated to job requirements, marital status, or domestic partner status.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.