17 May Connect the Dots: Field Team
Connect the Dots (CtD) is seeking engaging, community-focused seasonal staff to support its outreach and social engagement efforts in the City and Greater Philadelphia area. We would like the members of the CtD Field Team to help us execute the important work of sharing information with and gaining insights from the public, through phone calls, in-person surveys and events.
Our events will be occur during two key engagement cycles:
- Cycle #1: mid-June to mid-August 2022;
- Cycle #2: mid-September to mid-December 2022.
Because of the nature of public-facing events, we’d need team members who have availability both during the day and scheduled evenings and weekends throughout the season. Events are primarily held in Phila, but will occasionally be located in suburban counties of Philadelphia and New Jersey. Compensation is between $15 – $18/hr, depending on experience. Hours will vary based on event coverage needs.
Core functions of the CtD Field Team Members include:
- Administering intercept surveys (in-person, asking questions to passersby)
- Tabling (representing the organization at an event table)
- Flyering/canvassing (sharing flyers or postcards door-to-door in identified communities or hubs)
- Event support
– Setup and breakdown at events and pop-ups
– Sharing information, guiding people through an event
What We Can Expect from You:
- are comfortable approaching and talking to a diverse population of people/the public
- have flexible schedule
- are punctual/timely
- have experience with community outreach, engagement and/or events
- enjoy connecting with neighbors and/or community members
- are comfortable working both outdoors, in public spaces and/or with potentially large crowds
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic familiarity with laptop computers and/or tablets
- You may be required to be generally mobile, walk or stand/be stationery for several hours at a time.
- Occasionally, event set up or breakdown may require lifting or carrying boxes, carts or heavy bags (up to 50 lbs.)
Though it’s not required, we’d love it if:
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- You are comfortable/familiar with taking public transit;
- You have regular access to a smartphone;
- You have additional spoken or written language proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Creole, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Arabic, French.
How to Apply:
Complete this online form to let us know that you are interested in the role!
Response Deadline: 6/30/22 (Rolling Basis)
About Connect the Dots:
Connect the Dots is a stakeholder and community engagement firm, based in Philadelphia, that specializes in inclusive public and stakeholder outreach processes. designed for our towns and cities. We work alongside partners to reimagine the future of our cities and towns through the use of innovative and actionable solutions. We work to ensure that equity is central to public discourse by crafting creative engagement processes that foster participation, build trust, and amplify voices historically underrepresented populations. Connect the Dots specializes in inclusive public and stakeholder outreach processes. *Our aim is to help people have a voice in decision-making processes that affect their communities
Would you like to learn more about our work? Visit us on Linkedin or connectthedotsinsights.com.
We welcome qualified candidates from all walks of life and value diversity in our company. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, military service, disability unrelated to job requirements, marital status, or domestic partner status.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.