28 Feb We’re Hiring! Outreach and Community Engagement Field Team Support
Connect the Dots is a women-owned stakeholder/community engagement firm that innovates participatory processes to connect diverse voices to decision-making. Our work focuses on building meaningful engagement and outreach methods that elevate community voices in participatory processes. Through our creative and iterative approach, we incorporate education and intentionally-designed interactions to ensure these processes are inclusive, accessible, and representative.
Connect the Dots (CtD) is seeking engaging, community-focused seasonal staff to support its outreach and social engagement efforts in the City and Greater Philadelphia area. We would like the members of the CtD Field Team to help us execute the important work of sharing information with and gaining insights from the public, through phone calls, in-person surveys and event coordination, etc. Field Team members will also provide auxiliary support when necessary.
Because of the nature of public-facing events, we’d need team members who have availability both during the day and scheduled evenings and weekends throughout the season, yet the position allows for flexibility in scheduling. Events are primarily held in Philadelphia, but will occasionally be located in surrounding counties. Compensation ranges between $15 – $18/hr, depending on experience. Hours will vary based on event coverage needs.
This role is based in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. While our hybrid office supports remote work and flexible scheduling, applicants must be local and open to attending some in-person meetings, outreach, and engagement events.
Role & Responsibilities
Core responsibilities of the CtD Field Team include, but are not limited to:
- Field engagement / outreach work
- Administering intercept surveys (questionnaires, engaging passersby, etc.)
- Tabling (representing CtD at an event table, distributing informative materials)
- Flyering/canvassing (sharing flyers or postcards, posting flyers/posters in communities, distributing to businesses / door-to-door)
- Event support (set-up and breakdown at events and pop-ups, staffing, sharing information, etc.)
- Outreach preparation and out-of-field support:
- Logistic coordination and event planning
- Outreach material creation, printing, set-up, coordination
- Desktop / in-the-field research (key communities, upcoming events, etc.)
- External communication (phone calls, emails, etc.)
What We Can Expect from You:
- Personable & Communicative: Team members should be comfortable approaching and talking to a diverse population of people/the public.
- Flexible & Responsible: Team members should have more flexible schedules that allow them to support various projects and multiple events a week/month. Should also be responsive, communicative, and punctual.
- Adaptive: Team members should be comfortable adapting to the different event formats and settings. Should be comfortable working both outdoors / indoors, in public spaces and/or with potentially large crowds.
- Communicative: Team members should have strong verbal/written communication skills. Should be comfortable making phone calls, sending emails, and engaging in conversations.
- Physicality: You may be required to be generally mobile, walk, or stand/be stationary for several hours at a time. Occasionally, event set up or breakdown may require lifting or carrying boxes, carts or heavy bags (up to 50 lbs.)
- Digital Experience: Should feel comfortable using a laptop, tablet, or similar.
Though it’s not required, we’d love it if:
- You have a valid driver’s license (and access to a vehicle);
- You are comfortable/familiar with taking public transit;
- You have regular access to a smartphone;
- You have additional spoken or written language proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Creole, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Arabic, French.
How to Apply:
Complete this online form to let us know that you are interested in the role!
Response Deadline: Early-Summer 2023
We welcome qualified candidates from all walks of life and value diversity in our company. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, military service, disability unrelated to job requirements, marital status, or domestic partner status.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.