At Connect the Dots, our role is to collect ‘data’ – your thoughts and insights – and ensure that these are shared with our client – the decision-makers for this project.
This policy is meant to help you understand what data we collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. This is important; we hope you will take the time to read this carefully. As you experience our services, we want you to be clear about how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
1.0 Information we collect:
We collect information and insights before, during, and after an engagement process to support a tailor-made and insight-driven process and end-product. This data ranges from data about your background and interest in the consultation to your preferences, insights, hopes, concerns, and ideas related to the topic at hand.
Information you give us:
- Personal data including and limited to your name, contact details, organization name, position – to allow for efficient communication and attribution of your participation in this process in the final report (for all except youth). Your email will be kept confidential.
- You will have the option to give direct consent to: sharing your name in the report in the appendix or attributing particular insights directly to you.
- Insights focused only on the topic at hand, related to your own and your organization’s perspective/role in it, priorities, preferences, suggestions for the strategy, challenges observed.
- Information we get from your use of our services, your participation in our engagement process, we will ask for your explicit consent before sharing it with any third parties, if you do not give your consent, we do not share your information.
- There will be a post-engagement feedback survey that we will send you, this is a crucial part of our proprietary process and we do appreciate your participation in this final part of our engagement.
2.0 How we use the information we collect:
The information will be able to be accessed by our client and Connect the Dots. The raw data – unattached to personal signifiers – will be shared in the ultimate report.
We use the information we collect from you before the engagement event to tailor the session(s) to be more relevant and effective. We use the information we get during the engagement in a variety of ways, depending on the engagement and its strategic purpose – in this case, the information will be used solely to inform the development of the strategy. There will be a summary report outlining insights and recommendations developed from them; this will be shared with you as part of the process to ensure it accurately represents your viewpoints.
We use protected Google Docs and Google Sheets as well as Microsoft excel to store your data.
We use the information we get after the engagement, like your feedback – to make our next engagements better and continuously learn and iterate. After we have gleaned what we need from your feedback, we will anonymize it before any further processing takes place (unless agreed otherwise directly with you).
3.0 How you can find out which information we hold about you:
At your request we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- The categories of personal information collected, stored and processed.
- How long the personal information will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time. How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- The source of personal information if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
We require the following forms of ID before carrying out your request:
Passport; Photo Driving Licence; Utility Bill (from the last three months)
Thank you for your participation in this process.